The spine plays a crucial role in our lives; it is the most important support that we need, that is why it is called the backbone. The most amazing thing about humans is that we can stand, walk, sit, and twist, and our spine is the reason behind all these abilities.
When we talk about health or nutrition, we always think of toned arms, slim waist, no more double chin, etc. We rarely think of being healthy from within; we rarely think of being more robust. And the most crucial part that we ignore is none other than our bones. Being the most trusted spine hospital, IndoSpine suggests staying aware of your spine health.
Though our bones are the foundation of our health, we always end up ignoring them, thinking that they are naturally strong and reluctant to damage, and the only thing that can damage our bones is either some accident or old age. The best spine doctors in Ahmedabad say just as a plant needs sun, rain, and air to grow. Similarly, our bones need essential nutrients to be stronger enough to hold the weight and perform other activities that we do in our daily lives. Read the spine nutrition guide from Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon with one of the most trusted spine hospitals in Ahmedabad, IndoSpine, and ensure your bone health.
Bone health is not only about performing daily activities; it is also about making our lives less dependable and pain-free as we grow older. According to the most trusted spine doctors in Ahmedabad, the better nutrition our bones get today, the stronger they remain in the future. We have brought you a spine nutrition guide from Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon.
Have you ever wondered what kind of problems can occur if we keep neglecting our bones? IndoSpine, one of the best spine hospitals in Ahmedabad, says it’s not something that will happen one fine morning. It occurs gradually, just as overeating sugar makes us gain weight gradually. Some diseases are genetic, bad habits cause some, some because of less nutrition, some due to old age.
The best spine hospital in Ahmedabad believes diet is the first step leading to robust bone health. Always remember that only diet or only exercise would not help you. Hitting the gym, having protein shakes, and making a beast-like body do not ensure developing solid bones. You would need the perfect balance of everything, starting from exercise to diet. Eating right, engaging in regular activity, watching your posture, what kind of mattress you sleep on, what kind of shoes you wear, what your sleeping habits are, do you smoke or drink matters when it comes to bone health. Not watching the things mentioned above can damage your bones, leading to osteoporosis, osteopenia, and other bone diseases. Here are some tips that you can follow for healthy bones: – Tips for a healthy spine.
“The roots determine the strength” is something that one of the most experienced spine doctors in Ahmedabad has been saying. The nutrition that you get determines the power of your bones. Milk is not the answer. It is widespread to think about having milk about bone health. But gallons of milk would not help you. Instead, it can affect your health. We know that calcium is the primary mineral found in bones, but it is not the only one. Several other minerals determine the strength, and you can’t ignore anyone as each element has a significant role.
If you are looking for something that would help you have a clear idea about the food you can take to get the essential nutrients for your bone health, you have done the right thing by clicking on the spine nutrition guide from Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon. Being one of the best spine hospitals in Ahmedabad, IndoSpine provides you with the best solution for your bone health. Let us know about some vital nutrients in your bone and the food you should include in your diet to get those nutrients naturally with the most experienced spine doctors in Ahmedabad.
Spine nutrition guide from the best spine surgeon in Ahmedabad focuses on each essential nutrition for your bones.
Calcium is the primary mineral found in our bones. It is calcium that helps our bones to move to bear the weight of muscles and other organs. The deficiency of calcium in our bones causes damage or makes them fragile. The main thing to know about calcium is that our body cannot produce calcium; it can just absorb it from foods or supplements that we take. Our bones get renewed just like our skin. It takes 10 years for our entire skeleton to be renewed.
Here are some foods that are rich in calcium and should be included in your diet:-
- Dairy products: – Dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese, tofu are the primary source of calcium. So, do try to include dairy products in your diet but don’t forget to consume them in a proper quantity because finishing excessive dairy products can have harmful effects on your health. Dairy products are a little bit difficult to digest. If you have lactose intolerance, then do not include dairy products. Though they are the best source of calcium, it doesn’t mean that you must have them.
- Green vegetables: – Dark green vegetables such as spinach, kale, turnips, broccoli, avocado, collard greens are a great source of calcium. So do try to include green vegetables in your diet. Green vegetables are not only important as a source of calcium but also for other nutrients as well. So always try to have vegetables as much as possible.After a certain age, our body absorbs less calcium from foods. So, you can start taking calcium supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin. It is responsible for bone-building cells and bone-breaking down cells. A higher level of vitamin A is responsible for lower bone density and fractures. It is known as osteoclasts. Here are some foods that are rich in vitamin A:-
- Sweet potato
- Winter Squash
- Turnip greens
- Sweet red pepper
- LettuceSome fruits are an excellent source of vitamin A:-
Vitamin C is essential for collagen production (the base of mineralization). Here are some foods that are rich in vitamin C:-
- Dark green vegetables.
- Fruits such as orange, kiwi, guava, etc.
Vitamin D3 is an essential vitamin for bone health. It helps in the absorption of calcium. Here are the foods you should include in your diet to get sufficient vitamin D3.
- Soy milk
- Cod liver
- Egg yolk
- Fruits such as avocado
Magnesium and zinc:-
Magnesium and zinc play a crucial role in bone health. Magnesium converts vitamin D into an active form that promotes calcium absorption. Magnesium is found in lower amounts, so taking supplements may help.
Zinc promotes the formation of bone-building cells and prevents bones’ excessive breakdown. Here are some foods that are rich in zinc: –
- Pumpkin seeds
Vitamin K distributes calcium from the soft tissue and deposits it into bones. It supports bone health by osteocalcin (a type of protein). Vitamin k is found in the majority of foods such as: –
- Spinach etc.
- Whole grains
Omega 3 has anti-inflammatory effects; it helps bone loss due to aging. Some sources of omega 3 are: –
- Chia seeds
Some key tips from the best spine doctors in Ahmedabad.
Things to keep in mind:-
Above mentioned foods are enough to elevate your bone health, but there are certain things that you should keep in mind while including these in your diet:-
- Right proportion is the key. Gulping down all the good foods for your bone health is not the right thing to do. It is essential to have a balanced diet.
- Don’t stick to one type of source. All the nutrients have plant and animal sources. Try to include both in your diet; if not, stick to the plant sources as it doesn’t cause inflammation.
- Always be conscious about the vitamins and the quantity of them. Excessive amounts of vitamins can have precisely the opposite effects.
- Some foods such as dairy products fruits like avocados consist of calories, so it is essential to have them in sufficient amounts according to your body type or health condition.
- Don’t follow unrealistic healthcare routines such as the keto diet, low-calorie diet, etc., it does not only affect your bones but your entire health as it slows down metabolism, creates rebound hunger, causes muscle loss, and many other issues.
Taking care of your bones is very easy; there is no rocket science behind it. Get the right advice from IndoSpine. Most spine doctors in Ahmedabad are here for your spine health so that you can stand firm. Do keep an eye on the blogs of IndoSpine for any bone-related query and stay healthy with the right knowledge from the most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad.