The spine plays a crucial role in our lives; it is the most important support that we need, that is why it is called the backbone. The most amazing thing about humans is that we can stand, walk, sit, and twist, and our spine is the reason behind all these abilities.
The spine helps us stand up and transfer the torso’s weight to the hips, limbs, and other internal organs. Our spine comprises postural solid mussels; it provides us with balance while our limbs are moving. It provides us with all the essential things that we need for living.
But we neglect it the most, which makes our day-to-day lives complicated and miserable. If you are experiencing back pain, neck pain, difficulty lifting things or bending over, and looking for care, you are at the right place. Read about Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon giving tips for healthy spine.
Today, IndoSpine, one of the best spine hospitals in Ahmedabad, will discuss some of the major factors affecting your spine health, and we are sure that you didn’t even notice these. According to the doctors of IndoSpine, when it comes to spine health, the minor things such as your sleeping posture, your sitting posture, your eating habits, your exercise routine, the kind of bed or pillow you have, the kind of shoes you wear matter. The top spine doctors in Ahmedabad say, that small things can have a huge impact. Similarly, small steps or precautions can avoid major spine injuries. But before jumping into the topic, let us look at the common spine-related issues and tips given by top spine doctors in Ahmedabad.
The most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad is here to make you aware of your spine.
5 Common Spine Problems:
- Herniated Disc:- Our spine is made of bones(vertebrae); discs are situated in the middle of two vertebrae, acting like cousins. A herniated disc means the disc is torn, which causes back pain, arm pain, weakness in muscles. It generally happens in the lower back.
- Scoliosis:- Scoliosis is a condition in which the spine is not straight or curvy, leading to major health issues. It takes place from the very birth of the child. Though it is mild at first, the condition can worsen as the child gets older. The reason behind this condition is still unknown.
- Muscle strain:- Today’s rush life is a major reason behind this problem. Stressful posture can make the muscle around your spine tense, which causes persisting pain throughout your back and neck.
- Whiplash:- Did you ever wake up with tremendous neck pain and not being able to move it. This happens due to unusual strain or posture of the neck that mostly happens while asleep. It can damage joints ligaments of the neck.
- Osteoporosis:- Osteoporosis is a condition that occurs in old age people. As we get older, our bone density deteriorates, leading to fractures.
There are several other disorders causing millions of spine problems. Get the right solution for your spine through Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon giving tips for healthy spine with one of the best spine doctors in Ahmedabad, only at IndoSpine.
If you face back pain issues, you might have the above problems. But having back pain does not always mean that it’s something serious. Some problems occur because of your daily habits, damaging your spine. Get the right knowledge about your spine health from one of the best spine doctors in Ahmedabad only at IndoSpine (Top spine hospital in Ahmedabad)
Know about the daily habits affecting your spine with the most experienced spine doctors in Ahmedabad.
Daily habits that can cause spine pain
According to Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon giving tips for healthy spine, Your habits contribute to your spine condition.
We have always heard that smoking is injurious to health; it affects the heart, lungs, liver, and other organs. But smoking damages the spine as well. As previously said, Discs are a crucial part of the spine, and smoking pulls out the blood supply, which starves the disc cells.
- Sitting for too long:-
We have often heard our elders saying that sitting for too long is not good; we must keep moving and what we do is keep ignoring them. But the truth is they are right. When we sit, the discs shrink and are under pressure. As they have low blood flow, they must move back and forth, and sitting for too long resists that which makes them tense, leading to pain.
- Sleeping pattern:-
We all know that body and mind are closely related to each other. Stress is now has become an inseparable part of modern life. When you sleep, your spine gets the time to rest after a long day; lying down is not enough. So, if you are not sleeping enough, your spine is also not getting rest which causes pain.
- Sleeping posture:-
The posture when you sleep determines your spine health. However, it is tough to maintain a posture while you are asleep. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst posture. Your sleeping posture depends on your mattress, pillow, height, and many other things. But sleeping keeping your back straight is suitable for all.
- Eating Habits:-
Yes, your weight eating habits determine your spine health. Eating unhealthy food daily can cause persistent back pain. Excessive weight puts pressure on your spine leading to pain.
These are the problems and their potential reasons. Don’t panic! Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon giving tips for healthy spine with one of the best spine hospitals in Ahmedabad that you can take to keep your spine healthy.
Get the best advice from one of the top spine doctors in Ahmedabad.
Daily habits to keep your spine healthy
- Engage yourself in regular exercise:-
We hardly make time for ourselves, and when we do, we become lazy and spend the time staring at our cell phones. Lack of movement is the main reason behind spine problems. By lack of movement, we don’t mean that going to the kitchen and coming back with snacks is what you should consider as moving. A proper exercise routine is essential for your spine health. Exercise doesn’t always mean hitting the gym, building muscles, and all. 30 minutes of walking or jogging in a day are enough. Yoga is a great thing to start your exercise routine. If you don’t like hardcore exercises such as cardio, then yoga is the best option. As it includes stretching, it is beneficial for your spine health.
- Watch your posture:-
It is very important to maintain a posture throughout the day, even when asleep. We all have heard that saying, “man is the slave of his habits,” similarly your spine is having exceptional memory. That is why it’s very hard to correct your posture. But simple steps can make a significant impact.Start by setting a reminder for walking in every 1 hour while working on your desk. Try to sit straight; we know that sitting straight is hard, don’t be hard on yourself; whenever you notice, correct your posture. Gradually your body would adopt that.When you are sleeping, choose the right pillow mattress according to your preference. Change your mattress every 5-10 years. Shoes play a crucial part when it comes to spine health. Wearing heels regularly can not only damage your legs or feet but mainly your spine. So, try to wear flats as much as possible.
- Proper lifting:-
It is very important to lift things correctly. Most people encounter pain in the spine while lifting things. Try to put pressure on your core and hips while you lift. We often neglect our core, but it has immense strength. Specific exercises can help in building the core strong.
A good diet is not only important for your skin, hair, or waist size. It is also essential for your bone health. Here are some foods that you should include in your diet for a healthy spine-
- Protein: Protein is essential for your bone health; though there are animal proteins, try to get plant-based protein more because animal protein can cause inflammation. Chia seeds, lentils, and beans are excellent sources of protein, antioxidants, and vitamins, contributing to your spine health.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are essential for your spine health. Try to include vegetables rich in calcium and vitamin D3, such as spinach, kale, broccoli, etc.
- Salmon: Salmon is an excellent source of lean protein omega -3 fatty acids, which promote bone and tissue heath.
- Dairy products: Dairy products can’t be excluded when talking about bone health. Try to have Yogurt, milk, or cheese but do not overconsume eat.
- Spices: Certain herbs and spices work the best for bone health, such as turmeric, cinnamon, and rosemary, which repair damaged tissue and fight inflammation.
- Fruits: Fruits are beneficial for your overall health but remember not to overconsume them as they contain sugar. Avocado is excellent for your spine health. But do keep in mind that it includes fat, so make sure that you eat it in a balanced way.
Your spine is your best friend. So, it is your responsibility to keep it strong and healthy by taking these small steps. If you face spine problems and wonder what to do, being the best spine hospital in Ahmedabad, we are here; we are the gentle care for your spine. We are the one-stop solution for spine problems starting from surgeries to physiotherapy and this is what makes the best spine hospital in Ahmedabad. So, don’t think twice and visit IndoSpine.