Back pain is the most prominent reason for taking leave from the office nowadays! Did you take leave from the office too? Well, there is no need to hide it! It’s not your fault. Our lifestyle has been changing so drastically that we didn’t even realize how it is degrading our health.
Yes! Have you ever noticed that the pain we experience is different each time? Sometimes it is a sharp pain. We experience it in a particular area of the neck. Sometimes it’s a muscle strain, which hurts when we move our neck. Sometimes it’s a persistent pain that takes time to go away. Each type of pain falls into different categories. Read the blog and learn about Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon’s guide to neck pain.
You must be wondering why? Why does it happen? Even after trying everything out to prevent this. Well, our daily habits are responsible for this. Starting from eating habits to sleeping habits and every damn thing that we do throughout our day. It is not fair to blame ourselves entirely, though; the roots of neck pain and several other pains lie in the modern lifestyle, and it is prominent that it is biting us on the face!
According to the most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad, IndoSpine, back pain doesn’t always mean that it is related to bones. It can be related to muscles, sometimes nerves, facet joints, intervertebral discs as well. So, before running for the solution, you need to sit and observe. It will help if you figure out whether it’s muscle pain or something related to your spine. The wrong recognition of the pain is the most prominent reason people cannot get rid of their back pain. Let IndoSpine, the most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad, discuss some factors about back pain so that you can get a suitable solution for your back pain.
Back pain solutions from Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon depend on the pain type as well.
Back pain can be of various types. These are :-
- Axial pain:- Axial pain is mainly described as mechanical pain. This type of pain occurs in a particular region of the back. The intensity is quite sharp. It can also be an on and off pain which means the pain comes and goes in intervals.
- Referred pain:- Referred pain is recognized as dull or achy. This type of pain often moves around.
- Radicular pain:- Radicular pain is electrical shock-like pain that radiates from the back to the legs.
There are several kinds of back pain. Some occur with movement, such as not being able to stand without having pain in the lower back. Now the question arises why? There can be several reasons behind your back pain. Being the best spine hospital in Ahmedabad, IndoSpine discusses the reasons.
Back pain solutions from Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon start from the reasons.
Reasons behind back pain:-
- Muscle strain or sprain: – Muscle strain is a condition where the muscle is overstretched. It can happen due to the overuse of muscle, sports activity, or even bad posture. Muscle sprain is different from muscle strain. When the ligaments are overstretched, it is called a sprain.
- Ruptured Disc: – Our spinal cord is made of bones called vertebrae, and between them, discs are located, acting as cushions. When the disk is torn and the nucleus is pushed out through the tear is called a ruptured disc which causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: – Osteoarthritis is a condition where the cartilage that protects our joints starts to deteriorate, causing pain.
- Sciatica: – Sciatica is a condition when a ruptured disc starts compressing the spinal nerves, which causes pain
- Spinal Stenosis: – Spinal stenosis is the condition where the space between our spine gets narrow and starts damaging the nerves. It is mainly caused by osteoarthritis.
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis: – Spondylolysis is a condition where the vertebrae are weak or gone through a stress fracture, causing pain. Sometimes the fracture weakens the vertebrae so much that it becomes unable to maintain its position in the spine; this condition is called spondylolisthesis.
- Scoliosisis a condition where the natural curve of the spine is disturbed; it is seen from the very birth of the child. The problem can increase as the child grows.
- Osteoporosis: – Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the elderly. Our bone density deteriorates as we age, leading to fractures.
- Poor Posture:– Though not taken seriously, poor posture can cause persistent back pain such as sitting or standing in the same position for a long time, sleeping in an odd position, etc.
- Psychological Factors: – Some psychological factors also affect your back, such as stress, depression, anxiety, etc.
Back pain solutions from Ahmedabad’s best spine surgeon with the best spine hospital in Ahmedabad, IndoSpine, focus on daily habits.
Daily habits that can improve your back pain:-
- Quit smoking: –If you are engaged in some bad habits such as smoking or drinking, quit it. They are not only harmful to your heart or liver but also to your back as well as it dehydrates the discs of the spine.
- Watch out your posture:– Bad posture is the most prominent reason behind back pain. Try to keep your back straight while sitting. It is tough to keep that in mind; whenever you realize that you have bent your back, try to straighten it. It does not stop only at the sitting; your odd sleeping posture might also be the reason behind your back pain. Sleeping on your stomach is the worst position to sleep in. Try to sleep sideways or straight.
- Move more:– Movement is very important for your back health. Lying on the bed all day long or working at your desk for more than 8 hours without breaks can affect your back. We know that it is difficult to move more due to our busy work schedule but taking a five-minute break every 1 hour doesn’t harm you. Stretch your back or walk around; any kind of movement works.
- Change your position frequently while working: – You are not meant to sit straight in front of your computer for 8 hours straight. Adjust the angle of your sitting, your computer. Make sure that you are comfortable and not putting pressure on your back.
- Engage in physical activities: – Engaging in physical activities is a must to keep your back healthy and pain-free. You don’t need to spend hours in the gym. 30-minute yoga or walking or any exercise is enough. Yoga is excellent for your back as it includes stretching.
- Try to wear flat footwear: – Wearing heels or uncomfortable shoes can damage your spine, causing pain.
- Your pillow and bed can be the reason: – The bed you are sleeping on might not be suitable for you, so get a mattress or bed according to your type.
Pain without anatomical reasons is needed to be treated as well. Here are some tips you can follow to treat your back pain:-
- Ice and therapy can reduce your back pain.
- Resting will not reduce your pain. Movement is important to get rid of your pain.
- You can also consult a therapist; they will guide you as they are experts in this matter.
- Massage is an excellent cure for back pain.
- Nerve stimulation is also being done to reduce back pain. In this process, nerves are stimulated through electric waves.
If you are tired of trying different solutions for your back pain but not getting rid of it, IndoSpine, the most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad, is here for your help. Visit IndoSpine and get solutions suitable for you because this is how we have become the most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad.