We think that it does not need any extra treatment when it comes to our spine. The cost of spine surgery in India always looks less in comparison to the life you live with a healthy spine. The morning yoga, herbal tea, or the new belt you have bought are enough. Taking care of your spine is a good step to avoid the potential risks, but every spine problem cannot be treated at home. Basically, there is no spine problem that can be treated at home.
What we treat is back pain, which is nothing but muscle strain and tension caused by bad posture, etc. So, it is essential to get treatment from the experts for your back spine, but what comes first in anyone’s mind is the back pain surgery cost in India because an average middle-class family cannot afford any surgical procedure.
Types of Spine Problems
Spine treatments can be of two types non-surgical treatment and surgical treatment.
- Non-Surgical Treatment: Some spine problems do not require surgical intervention. Medications or physiotherapy are enough to cure the pain or other symptoms.
- Surgical Treatment: Some spine problems are much more severe and need surgical intervention; these problems include herniated disk, scoliosis, etc.
Spine surgeries are complex procedures, and minor negligence can cause permanent damage, so it is always wise to rely on experts. In addition, spine surgeries can be costly, but it should also be kept in mind that the cost of your spine surgery depends on various aspects. So, you should choose as per your preference.
The best spine surgeon in Ahmedabad offers guidance for spine function which will help you achieve the same. So, without any further delay, let’s jump into the spine!
Factors that Determine the Spine Surgery Cost in India
The cost of spine surgery in India depends on several factors. We cannot say that back pain surgery cost in India is expensive or cheap. It varies from one hospital to the other. While looking for affordable spine surgery, you should also keep in mind that affordability should not hamper the quality of your Treatment.
The cost of spine surgery in India depends on what type of hospital you opt for. The charges are comparatively low in government hospitals, but the treatment process is also slow because government hospitals have a larger number of patients to serve. On the other hand, private hospitals are more efficient in the treatment and the following procedures. Starting from doctors, hygiene, comfort, etc. These factors may increase the cost of spine surgery in private hospitals but with improved quality treatment.
The cost of spine surgery also depends on the technology that has been used. Medical science is improving each day; with each new day, some new technology is emerging. If your spine surgery is done with advanced technology, it may cost you more. Every spine problem is different, requiring advanced technology to address modern problems. It is something that you cannot decide. What kind of technology would be suitable for your treatment; is something that your spine surgeon would suggest.
The Fee of Spine Surgeons
The cost of your spine surgery depends on the fee structure of the spine surgeon. A well-experienced & reputed spine surgeon who has expertise in the field may charge you more.
Spine surgery does not start right in the operation theatre. It is a lengthy procedure. Several tests are done before the surgical procedure, such as an X-ray, CT scan, and MRI scan. Your condition after the surgery determines whether you need to stay in the hospital for a more extended period which increases the cost.
Types of Surgeries
The surgery cost mostly depends on your disease, or in other words, what kind of surgery you are going for. There are several types of spine surgeries. Some of them are:
- Spinal Fusion: Spinal fusion is done to treat scoliosis. Scoliosis is a postural abnormality of the spine.
- Discectomy: Discectomy is done to treat a herniated disc. A herniated disc is a condition in which the disc of your spine is damaged. The softer part or the disc nucleus comes out of the annulus (the tough outer part of the spine) and puts pressure on the surrounding nerves, causing pain. In a discectomy, the damaged part of the disc is removed.
- Balloon Kyphoplasty: Balloon kyphoplasty is a procedure that is performed to treat spinal fractures. The fracture can be caused by accident, benign tumor, osteoporosis, etc.
- Laminotomy: Laminotomy is a procedure in which the lamina (a flattened part of the vertebrae that forms the spinal canal) is removed. Through this procedure, the nerve is decompressed.
- Laminoplasty: Laminoplasty is a procedure in which the space between the spinal cord and the nerve root is increased. It releases the extra pressure from the spinal cord, which causes pain.
Why Spine Surgeries in India?
India is much preferable to other countries when it comes to spine surgery. The cost of spine surgery in India is known for its high success rates & affordable cost. The cost of spine surgery in India is 40-60% less. Many international patients land in Gujarat for their spine surgeries. Certain qualities make spine surgeries in India preferable,
- Quality Treatment: IndoSpine Hospital is the most trusted spine hospital in Ahmedabad. Led by Dr. Tarak Patel, who has done 5000+ surgeries, IndoSpine provides quality treatment for patients of any age group.
- Advanced Medical Treatment: At IndoSpine Hospital, experience meets technology, which makes us stand out. Equipped with the most advanced equipment for surgical and non-surgical treatment, IndoSpine Hospital is capable of treating the spine problems of the modern age.
- Affordable Treatment: At IndoSpine Hospital, we believe that health should be accessible to all. Hence provide surgical or non-surgical treatment options at affordable prices. Our dedicated team of doctors helps you choose a treatment plan suitable for you.
- Complete Guidance: At IndoSpine Hospital, you don’t need to worry about anything; as soon as you enter, it is our responsibility to take care of each step of your treatment procedure.
This is how we conclude: always try to analyze the hospital or doctor options available before deciding correctly. Before jumping into treatment, it is important to understand your condition first. An ideal spine specialist will help you understand your condition and the benefits of the treatment procedure. So do your studies and heal better.